Magic Square Community Project Validation: A Comprehensive Guide
Participate in the validation process by voting
Welcome to the Magic Square Community Project Validation Guide. This guide provides comprehensive information, tips, and steps to help community members effectively participate in project validation. The Magic Store, as a platform dedicated to discovering, rating, and validating the finest Web3, crypto, and blockchain projects, relies on the collective wisdom and expertise of our community.
The Community Project Validation process aims to ensure that projects listed on the Magic Store meet the highest standards of quality, security, and innovation. It involves a detailed evaluation by community members, who provide valuable feedback and insights, helping to maintain the integrity and reputation of the Magic Store.
To participate in project validation, follow these steps:
- 1.Create a Magic Store Account and Verify Your MagicID: Ensure you have a Magic Store account with a fully verified MagicID (connected wallet, verified email, and selected username). If you have not completed these steps, please visit the Magic Store to do so.
- 2.Find Projects Pending Validation: Go to your profile on the Magic Store and click on the "Project Validation" button on the left side menu. This will take you to a list of all projects in pending validation. Alternatively, you can visit the main "Discover Page" to see a category for all projects "Pending Validation."
- 3.Review the Project: Begin by thoroughly reviewing the project details provided on the Magic Store. Pay attention to its main features, objectives, and target audience.
- 4.Evaluate the Project: Once you have familiarized yourself with the project, evaluate it using the following criteria:
- User Experience: Assess the project's ease of use and navigation. Identify any user interface or experience issues that may deter user adoption.
- Functionality: Determine if the project achieves its intended purpose and if any bugs or issues affect its performance.
- Documentation and Support: Evaluate the availability of documentation and support for users and the clarity of project goals and features.
- Community Engagement: Examine the project's level of community engagement and the team's responsiveness to user concerns and feedback.
- Innovation: Consider the project's contribution to the Web3 ecosystem in terms of unique solutions or addressing unmet needs.
- 5.Cast Your Vote: After evaluating the project, cast your vote on the Magic Store Voting page.
- 6.Participate in Discussions: Join the Magic Square Discord channel at https://discord.com/invite/magicsquare to engage with fellow community members and discuss the project validation.
- 1.Take Your Time: Do not rush the evaluation process. Ensure you have sufficient time to review and analyze the project thoroughly before casting your vote.
- 2.Be Objective: Approach the project evaluation with an unbiased mindset, focusing on the project's merits and potential shortcomings.
- 3.Ask Questions: If you encounter any uncertainties during the evaluation process, do not hesitate to seek clarification from the project team or fellow community members on the Discord channel.
- 4.Stay Informed: Keep yourself updated with the latest developments in the Web3, crypto, and blockchain ecosystem to improve your understanding and ability to evaluate projects effectively.
- 5.Provide Feedback: Share your insights and suggestions on the voting process here to help us enhance the validation experience for all community members.
In order to vote, users must have:
- 1.EVM Wallet Connected to your Magic Store Account
- 2.Verified Email
- 4.Connect to SnapShot with the same EVM Wallet you connected to your Magic Store Account
To see all active validation tasks, go to settings -> Project Validation. You can filter apps by their status. Click on the "+" of the app you wish to vote for. Then click on "Vote". The Snapshot page will open where you can place your vote. Make sure to use the same EVM wallet that is connected to your Magic Store account!
You are able to change your mind until the voting time is over, but you will only get Karma points for the first vote.
The validation process lasts for 2 weeks (14 days).
An app must receive 60% of positive votes to pass the validation process.
- If the app fails, the app developers can reapply after 30 days.
- If the app receives more than 60% positive votes, it will be listed in the "Validated" section.
The entire validation process is publicly visible to all members of the Magic Store.
Karma is updated every 2 minutes. Once you place a vote, it will take 2 minutes to reflect in your account!
Every user that successfully votes for an app will receive 25 karma points.
Thank you for contributing to the Magic Square Community Project Validation process. Your participation helps ensure that only the highest quality projects are listed on the Magic Store Web3 App Store. By following this comprehensive guide, you are well-equipped to participate in the validation process and contribute to the overall success of the Magic Store platform.
When you encounter a “no voting power” error on the demo validation portal, there are three common reasons that might be causing it:
- 1.Incomplete MagicID registration and verification in the Magic Store: Ensure that you have completed your registration by visiting the Magic Store (https://magic.store/), connecting an EVM wallet (not Phantom, as it doesn’t support our SnapShot voting), verifying your email, and choosing a username.
- 2.Wallet mismatch between Magic Store and SnapShot: If you have a fully verified MagicID on the Magic Store, double-check that the wallet you connected to SnapShot is the same one you used for your MagicID.
- 3.Network issues: Make sure your wallet is connected to the BNB (BSC) Network. To change your network, go to your MetaMask wallet > Networks > change it to BNB (BSC).
If you continue to face issues, please open a support ticket in our Discord channel under the “Magic Store Assistance” category, and we’ll be happy to help. When submitting a ticket, include the wallet address you used for your Magic Store account and vote on SnapShot.
Please note that SnapShot may “ban” your wallet from voting in our community if you receive the “no voting power” error multiple times. If this happens, go to your Magic Store Account, removed the EVM wallet, connect a new EVM wallet, go to SnapShot, connect with your new EVM wallet, and try to vote again!
As an early adopter of this new feature, we appreciate your patience and feedback. Your input will help us enhance this feature for the benefit of the entire Web3 Ecosystem.
Upcoming apps do not go through the validation process. Only apps that are on mainnet (production-ready).
Last modified 17d ago